Tuesday, 17 April 2012

GCET Eligibility

The GCET MBA and GCET MCA eligibility criteria of the students who would intend to get admission through GCET 2011 are as mentioned here:

1. Students graduated from a recognized university located in Gujarat State are eligible to appear for GCET MBA and GCET MCA (located in Gujarat)

2. Students must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in graduation for general category candidates. In case of SC/ST candidates, 5% relaxation is given as per rules. (45% in case of SC/ST students) will be computed on the basis of grand total (aggregate) in final year mark sheet issued by the concerned University. The minimum marks of 50% or 45% given above should be without rounding off and grace marks will be excluded for the purpose.

3. A student who has appeared at the final year (Bachelor’s Degree) examination of any University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities shall be treated as provisionally eligible for GCET MBA and GCET MCA.

4. Non-resident Gujarati students passing the qualifying examination from States other than Gujarat and Gujarati. Non-Gujarat students shall be eligible for admission to management quota of private unaided institutes only.

a) Non-resident Gujarati students will have to produce documents such as school leaving certificate or birth certificate or passport of one of the parents to prove that the parent was born in Gujarat OR a domicile certificate from Gujarat in the name of father, mother or the applicant at the time of application. If the state Government stipulates production of any other document/s, the same shall have to be done.

b) Gujarati-NRI students will be NRI students as per the Income-tax Act. Further the will be Gujarati students also and will have to produce documents as specified in above.

c) Students applying against Non-resident Gujarati and NRI quota also will have to have 50% marks in aggregate in graduation.

5. Students who have graduated in a 3-year course from a University outside Gujarat State but have passed Std. XII or its equivalent examination from a recognized school located in Gujarat State are also eligible to appear for GCET MBA and GCET MCA.

6. The wards of Kashmiri Migrants fulfilling the eligibility conditions c. and d. above may also apply. The domicile requirements as specified in a. and b. above will be waived.

7. If the graduation result is in the form of grade, then an equivalence certificate showing that the student has obtained 50% marks should be produced at the time of application.

8. Non-Gujarati Students are Applicable for GCET 2011. (As Per Local News Paper Notification by Gujarat Technical University – New Change)

No comments:

Post a Comment